So I have finally discovered the magic of photo editing! I only wish I had photoshop and knew how to use it. If I had unlimited funding, I would probably buy an awesomely expensive camera and spend a year or so learning to take and develop and edit my own photos. I know there's that saying "A picture's worth a thousand words" and it's sooo cliche to say it (or type it) but I sometimes think that's very true. And I'm a writer! I got my degree in english and have spent years of my life agonizing between various things I was working on and the thesaurus.
I do pretty well with writing and getting my ideas, and sometimes feelings, on paper but I really wish I had more artistic ability. I can find colors that go well together and do some really cool things with makeup. I take pretty decent photos. To take a blank sheet of paper and create a whole picture from an image or idea befuddles me. I will stare at that paper and can only start when I have something to go off of and then it's a distortion of the original. It's really kind of funny too because I have SUCH an imagination. (It's called ADD). When people are talking to me and telling me stories about their day, I see all those things in my head. It's like watching a movie in your head, you see the important parts very clearly but the background fades away. When I really think about it though, it's like I am half seeing and half feeling them. The only way I can think to describe it is that the pictures are fuzzy but what I feel in them and through them makes up for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment