Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bod


I've realized that my body is built to be strong and to endure. I am naturally built with muscle. I'm stronger than a lot of the girls I've worked out with and have had some boyfriends that I thought I could beat up, if I tried. My calves alone have led to lots of questions from male workout buffs (no pun intended) about how much I squat and what it took me to get those sweet muscles. But I've always had them. You can see them in pictures of when I was 4. It only takes like 2 weeks of working out to get some real definition back when I haven't worked out in like 6 months, too.
This all used to bother me when I was younger. I always weighed about 20 pounds more than other girls my size. I felt bulky and awkwardly unfeminine. To make matters worse, the eating habits in my home led me to be overweight. I always just ate whatever I wanted-and lots of it. I never really played outside either so my exercise was finding the remote and searching for more goodies to munch on. That's lifestyle. That was my life style for over 20 years.
So I've come to love my body. I can swim and run and lift and learn new exercises. I'm still not at a healthy weight, even when looking at things like percent body fat instead of BMI but I'm on my way. And it feels really good. I like pushing my body and changing my habits. I wish I had realized how good this feels earlier in life but, either way, it just feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment