Friday, January 29, 2010

Broken


I'm addicted to tragically sad movies. Movies about drug addicts who sell their souls for a dime bag or about death and lost loves. The kind that dangle hope in front you even though you know from the beginning that depression, destruction, and desolation are the only outcomes. These are the movies that trick you with playful lines of music as the illusion of happiness floats in front of the characters. But everyone dies in the end-either literally or metaphysically.
It's the same thing when I see a bird with a broken wing or a dog with a limp. I know it's probably better off with a quick death but I only want to take the pitiful creature and cover it with cartoon band-aids and kisses. Even bugs with missing wings or leggies make me wish I could find a bandage small enough to fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment