So last night I went to see this bluegrass band play in town (that's Honolulu for those who don't know). It was such a cool spot! It was in this little old lady's attic, who was a Russian immigrant and had continued her husband's love of music after he died.
So the attic was this awesome open space with dark wood supporting a white ceiling and tons and tons and tons of people were there and they were all just there to have a great time listening to some talented musicians and hang out.
I never thought I would like bluegrass and always thought of it like country music's cousin with more fiddle. This band was awesome! I don't know if they changed my mind about bluegrass, I mean we can cross that bridge when we come to it, but they were so talented that I didn't even think about the music style after I got over myself.
I really needed that though. The atmosphere was so different from what I have allowed to loom over me that it reminded me of those first days of spring. I remember sitting in my seat in middle school feeling the cool breeze come in the window for the first time since the East Coast snow melted and imagining I was outside with the sun warming my face.

No comments:
Post a Comment