Thursday, March 4, 2010

Routine VS Spontaneity


I feel like we need a healthy balance of new experiences and consistency in our lives in order to be truly healthy. I got started on this thought because I'm SICK of my "favorites" playlist. They've all turned into the same as the popular songs you hear one an hour on the radio. So I went on iTunes and browsed for some new artists. I found Spoon and Florence + The Machine and I am ecstatic! There's nothing like the unexpected to make you appreciate your existence.
This isn't limited to music, or even clothes or routines. It's something our minds need to remind us we are living and changeable beings. I feel like our minds can get into ruts where we believe we can only function or exist in one way and that is a slow death for our minds. The activity of questioning ourselves and our roles in the grand scheme allow us the space to vary in our routines without losing the stability of knowing who we are- as long as we have some principle basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment