So, I have come to the expansive and varied land of Utah for the National Undergraduate Literature Conference. This is like the junior varsity of professional conferences that professionals in the writing profession profess about. Apparently, as a person of writing interests (especially in the writing profession), this is not only a great resume plumper but also a venue to share your best works.
The conference is set up with 5 or 6 hours spread throughout the day of other competitors,and myself, presenting the work they submitted. We also have keynote speakers (persons who have some success being published in the writing field-though they may call it a "craft." I have heard that term used at least 5 times today) which fill about 2 hours. Between breaks for food and to allow brains to re-firm, The conference occupies the whole of our days.
Many of the presentation feature bored arrogance with droplets of diluted interest sitting before them, waiting their turn to flaunt a vapid sort of intelligence. At times the egos so bombard my attention span that they call my attention away from the "craft."
But there are moments. There are fresh glimpses of color and unexpected delights. Their minute appearances drown the pompous egos with a splash of crisp water.
They are the buffalo.

I know I am right as I write this comment that you write very well and that has to be right.
ReplyDeletePardon my chiasmus.
I can attest to the fact that you did not exaggerate the conference. Kinda funny though...
ReplyDelete