I couldn't sleep last night. Seriously, this has been going on for at least a week and I don't know what the deal is but I'm so grateful I got out of bed this morning instead of waiting for sleep to come. I finally fell asleep after 1 AM and then woke up just after 5 this morning. I cleaned my room and decided to watch the sun rise, like I used to when I lived in Hawaii. Here are some excerpts from my journal...
I decided to come outside and sit in the cool, calm of the morning and watch the sun rise. Wow. I definitely forgot about the stillness that you really, truly can't find except in those morning hours.
It's just beautiful. The clouds are so Heavenly.
I'm struck with the idea that I could, one day, create something so magnificent as this.
I can see the brilliance of the sun coming from behind the mountain.
The clouds are like fire but as the sun comes closer to rising, they go dark and colorless again.

Awesome pics and prose! -Sue
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sue!!!
ReplyDelete