This is my friend's daughter, Eva. It never fails, every time I'm holding her in public someone will come up and say "Oh she's so cute! How old is she?" Now, this isn't very odd because she's really adorable and loves people and basically makes friends everywhere she goes. The weird thing is that she isn't mine and people will automatically assume she is. Sometimes even when she's walking around and me and her Mom are both right there, they will think she's mine.
There are lots of reasons that this could happen: Eva and I have been BFF pretty much for a year and a half and she's a little over 2 years old. We've spent lots of time together so she's very comfortable with me and I with her. People probably pick up on that pretty quickly.
Also, her Mom is a mix of Samoan, Hawaiian, Chinese, and white and her father is all white. Eva looks like she has at least 1/2 white in her so I could possibly be her mother if her father had at least 1/2 pacific islander in him.
But here's the part that trips me out: Me and Eva do kind of look alike. Maybe as much as her mom and her look alike. So, it makes me wonder if I'm getting a preview of what my kids could look like. It's so weird being someone who is probably years away from having her own kids to see what my kids might actually look like. I mean, if they look like Eva I'm sure lucky cause everyone that ever meets her thinks she's the cutest kid ever. She is. And I don't think I'll be one of those mothers that if I have ugly kids I'll be in denial about it. I'd know.

No comments:
Post a Comment